The EltaMD sunscreen helps prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun, when used with other sun protection measures. The sunscreens are formulated with transparent zinc oxide and are non-comedogenic, sensitivity-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free.
EltaMD helps protect against both UVA and UVB rays from the sun that can damage the skin and cause skin cancer.
UVA Rays: The Aging Rays
• Penetrate deeply into the skin layers, damaging collagen and cells
• Cause wrinkling, pigmentation, and loss of elasticity
• Can pass through glass (office and vehicles)
• Are not affected by weather or altitude
• Are present all day, every day of the year
• Increase the risk of skin cancer
• Are up to 50 times more prevalent than UVB rays
UVB Rays: The Burning Rays
• Mostly affect the outer layer of the skin
• Cause sunburns and tanning that increase the risk of skin cancer
• Vary with time of day and seasons, and are stronger in summer
• The SPF number of a sunscreen indicates only the level of protection from